Extracting red phosphorus from match boxes 18thTimeLucky
There's a lot going on when you strike a match. A match head is made of a number of ingredients, including potassium chlorate, sulfur and powdered glass. The striking surface is made up of sand, powdered glass and red phosphorus. When the match head is dragged along the striking surface, the sand and powdered glass cause friction and heat... The principal chemicals are ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, hydriodic acid, and red phosphorus. The Salvation Army also campaigned with local retailers to get them to sell only red phosphorus matches. The most widely-used method of manufacturing the drug involves heating pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, red phosphorus and hydriodic acid.
The Matchbook Red Phosphorus Bible Erowid
Red phosphorus, made by gently heating white phosphorus in the absence of air to about 250°C, does not glow, is stable and is not poisonous. This is the material, mixed with powdered glass, stuck on the side of boxes of safety matches on which the matches must be struck to light them. Phosphorus itself is essential to all forms of life since it is part of DNA, although there are many... Red Phosphorus Recognizing Red-P September 2003 Commercial: Red-P is a component of matchbook strike plates (Figure 1, B.). Clandestine methamphetamine lab cooks may use scrapings from matchbook strike plates as a source of Red-P. Red-P is available from chemical supply houses (Figure 1, C.), but it is a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency List I chemical and sales are subject to
Phossy jaw Wikipedia
27/05/2011 · When they're dry, take some new matches and squeeze off the heads with the pliers, then pulverize the powder with the pipe or battery by pressing it down and rolling it over the powder and then put it in the container (if you're using the same container, be sure to wash out the leftover phosphorus). how to look clean and pretty 24/10/2006 · Request for Question Clarification by pinkfreud-ga on 07 Oct 2006 13:23 PDT The chemical you want is red phosphorus. Since this is a chemical that is commonly used in the manufacture of illegal methamphetamine, it is regulated by
How Does Lighting A Match Work? Curiosity.com
8/04/2014 · An illustrated guide on the preparation of white phosphorus (P4) from red phosphorus (P) By Pyro 16 August 2013, 3:48AM-Introduction White phosphorus is an extremely reactive and hard to get allotrope of phosphorus while red phosphorus is more readily available from chemical suppliers or how to keep pool hose from tangling The strips will be covered in residual red phosphorus, so rinse them by placing the strainer on bucket and throwing a handful of strips in it. Then slowly pour some of the acetone in the cooking pot, through the straineruntil strips are clean. Empty strainer into garbage. Continue until all strips are rinsed.
How long can it take?
BLEACH _ red phosphorus from matchbooks Angelfire
- Making a Perfect Match Popular Science
- Red Phosphorus SupplierExporter china-chlorate.com
- Google Answers Looking for this Chemical.
- Phosphorus Essential Chemical Industry
How To Get Red Phosphorus From Matches
17/12/2006 · Firstly, importing red phosphorous would be like holding a large "I wanna make meth" card above your head. If it wasn't packaged properly you could expect to also be charged with with offences relating to dangerous goods.
- Alibaba.com offers 129 red phosphorus match products. About 89% of these are matches, 5% are packaging boxes. A wide variety of red phosphorus match options are
- Not finding what you're looking for? Save red phosphorus to get email alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. +
- 24/09/2017 · The dry red composition should now be pure enough to be called red phosphorus in my opinion, although it will still contain various impurities such as cardboard scraped off from the match box. The red phosphorus was transferred to a piece of
- Now if you get the toluene that has our contaminents in it and add some water You will see the crap crash from the toluene into the water This is the crap that came thru with the methanol pull! So as we continue to do multiple toluene washes, We will continue to test the toluene after pouring it off, To see how we are progressing with the cleanup!