Caring for Molly "Mollies" Fish with Community Molly Fish
10/06/2018 · Hi guys, Usually I am really good at sexing fish. I know how it works and everything but there's a few of my mollies that I just cannot decide with.... Keeping only one sex of each species might seem like a good method of fish birth control, but shockingly enough, this is not the case. While mollies and guppies are different species, they share the same genus (like lions and tigers). This means that, while they prefer members of their own species, it is possible for them to produce offspring with one another (like ligers and tigons
Sexing My Mollies Sexing Livebearers 350961
10/06/2018 · Hi guys, Usually I am really good at sexing fish. I know how it works and everything but there's a few of my mollies that I just cannot decide with.... I like molly fish and hope the babies of mine will live. I got a 30 gallon tank with 2 mollies, snails, suckers and guppies. I got a 30 gallon tank with 2 mollies, snails, suckers and guppies. Share your opinion or experiences regarding this comment
sexing mollies Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish
Guppies, mollies, platies, and swordtails are some of the most popular aquarium fishes. Almost everyone's first time experience with aquariums has included one or more of these beautiful and interesting fish! how to find out when a musically was posted Livebearers include some of the most common as well as uncommon fish found in the trade today. Anableps, Goodeides, Guppies, Halfbeaks, Mollies, Mosquito Fish, Platies, and Swordtails, are some of the richly varied livebearing species available to fish keepers.
Aquarium Forum Sex-change mollies?
Adult mollies will eat their fry and so the fry must be separated from the adult fish until they are larger. Sometimes plants will camouflage baby fish. Hornwort is the best plant to camouflage baby fish. If you are trying to provide fry with good hiding places you should have hornwort planted in the tank and also as a floating plant. Although the hornwort provides some protection, I've often how to cook nile perch fish Livebearers include some of the most common as well as uncommon fish found in the trade today. Anableps, Goodeides, Guppies, Halfbeaks, Mollies, Mosquito Fish, Platies, and Swordtails, are some of the richly varied livebearing species available to fish keepers.
How long can it take?
Do male mollies fight with another male mollies?
- sexing mollies Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish
- Aquarium Forum Sex-change mollies?
- Livebearing Aquarium Fish—Habitat Diet and Breeding
- FAQs on the Molly Identification WETWEBMEDIA
How To Sex Mollies Fish
Given that the guppy is one of the most prolific fish on the planet and has earned the name of 'millions fish‚' it's a survival tactic that definitely works. How to sex livebearers There are several ways to determine male from female, but these are the three most straightforward methods:
- Hey there, My name is Max and I take in unwanted/sick fish and Axolotls I currently have a large variety of fish, both cold and tropical, including goldfish, koi, yabbies, shrimp, Bettas, snails, guppies, Molly’s, catfish, Platys, corydoras, plecos, etc.
- The rule of thumb for tropical fish like mollies is an inch of fish per a gallon of water it is in which means if the mollie gets up to three inches long at adult hood you need at least a three gallon tank for one but I would suggest at least a ten gallon if you want to put a betta in there as well and more if you want a few mollies. Also if you want male and female mollies you need 2-3
- Also, males of the live bearing fish Poecilia latipinna copy the mate choice of other males. 5 Schlupp and Ryan 5 argued that in live bearing fishes sexual attention by other males probably serves as an indicator that the female is in the receptive stage of her approximately monthly sexual cycle, during which time copulations are more likely to fertilize the female's oocytes.
- Mollies. Both guppies and mollies are members of a family of fish called live-bearers. However, mollies have a few special requirements, unlike the hardier guppy.